Paxton, Mass. – The Thomas College women's tennis team dropped a non-conference match 5-4, to the Amcats of Anna Maria. First year Jessica Bowen earned her third straight win at number one singles for the Terriers in the loss.
Both teams split in singles play with both teams capturing three wins apiece. The Terriers (1-5, 1-3 NEAC East) won the first three singles matches with wins from Bowen, Dalia Williams, and Sarah Marckoon. The Amcats (3-3) were able to capture matches four through six.
In doubles action the Amcats gained the lead with wins in the two and three games. Bowen and Williams gave the Terriers a win in number one doubles with an 8-0 win.
The Terriers take to the court again on October 1st when they travel to Colby-Sawyer.
Anna Maria College 5, Thomas 4
1. Jessica Bowen (THO) def. Victoria Minotti (ANM) 6-1, 6-2
2. Dalia Williams (THO) def. Emily Williamson (ANM) 6-3, 6-3
3. Sarah Marckoon (THO) def. Kelly Blake (ANM) 6-0, 6-1
4. Kayla Buck (ANM) def. Emily Howard (THO) 6-0, 6-0
5. Nicole Goudreau (ANM) def. Kristen McLean (THO) 6-0, 6-0
6. Pam McWaid (ANM) def. Kayla Giroux (THO) 6-0, 6-0
1. Jessica Bowen/Dalia Williams (THO) def. Victoria Minotti/Kelly Blake (ANM) 8-0
2. Emily Williamson/Janice Wang (ANM) def. Sarah Marckoon/Emily Howard (THO) 8-1
3. Pam McWaid/Nicole Goudreau (ANM) def. Kayla Giroux/Michelle Morris (THO) 8-1