Thomas Outlasts NEC 12-11 on Senior Day
|New England Col. (4-13, 2-4)||5||6||11|
|Thomas (10-4, 5-1)||5||7||12|
|New England Col.||Thomas|
|G: 2 Players (#12, #21 - 3)||G: 2 Players (#11, #20 - 3)|
|A: Gabriella Bigos - 2||A: 2 Players (#10, #20 - 1)|
|Sv: Rebecca Harvey - 18||Sv: Brittany Fox - 9|
|GB: Meredith Merce - 5||GB: 2 Players (#3, #23 - 9)|
|Team Statistics||New England Col.||Thomas|
|Free Position Shots||2-3||1-10|
WATERVILLE, ME- The Terriers defeated New England College 12-11 on senior day in a back and forth game Sunday afternoon to wrap up the two-seed in the upcoming North Atlantic Conference (NAC) playoffs.
With the win, Thomas finishes the season at 10-4 (5-1 NAC) on the season while the Pilgrims fall 4-13 (2-4 NAC)
Seniors Ceara DiBiase (Westbrook, Maine) and Jasmine Ryan (Berwick, Maine) played in their final home game and led the Terriers to a victory in a nip-and-tuck game that saw three lead changes, five ties, and no lead more than three.
Thomas held a 5-2 lead until NEC would score three unanswered goals to tie the game up at five at the half. NEC came out and continued their surge and would gain the lead for the first to start the second half on a pair of goals to put them up 7-5.
After taking a timeout, the Terriers responded by scoring three straight goals to regain the lead 8-7. The teams would trade goals until a Miranda Tinsman (Belgrade, Maine) goal put Thomas up 11-9 with 3:46 remaining. The Pilgrims would respond with two straight to knot the score back up at 11. DiBiase would drive towards the net and put home the game-winner at the 2:24 mark as Thomas held off the Pilgrims in the final minutes.
DiBiase led the way offensively for Thomas with three goals on the afternoon where six different players got in on the scoring. Tinsman (Belgrade, Maine) also netted three goals and assist, and junior Killian Lambert (Dayton, Maine) and sophomore Brittany Premo (Concord, N.H.) had two goals each.
The Pilgrims were led by senior Meredith Merce (Ocean, N.J.) and junior Eleni Hatsis (Norwalk, Conn.) with three goals apiece.
Freshman Brittany Fox (Lovell, Maine) recorded nine saves in the win for Thomas, while senior Rebecca Harvey (Natick, Mass.) had 18 in a losing cause for NEC.
Thomas outshot the Pilgrims 43-26 and held the advantage in ground balls at 47-21.
The Terriers will now hold the second seed in the upcoming NAC playoffs to be held in Castleton, Vermont.
- DIII Week On the Spot Interview with...
- Terriers Fall to Castleton on Senior Day
- Day Reaches Milestone as Terriers Defeat...
- Terriers Hold on for 13-10 Win over...
- Thomas Takes Down Eagles for Conference...
- Nor'easters Deny Thomas, 21-11
- Terriers Comeback Bid Falls Short in...
- Tinsman Garners Second Consecutive...
- Thomas Stuns Monks in Double OT, 13-12
- Dolphins Oust Thomas on Final Game of...
- Eagles Take Down Terriers on New York...
- Tinsman Tabbed NAC Player of the Week
- Thomas Romps Wheelock in Season Opener,...
- Thomas Lacrosse Games Postponed Sunday
- Preview of the Women's Lacrosse Season
- Women's Lacrosse Predicted Second in NAC...
- Women's Lacrosse Season Opener Postponed
- Women's Lacrosse Hosts High School...
- 2014 Women's Lacrosse Captains Announced
- Thomas Athletics Announces Partnership...