Waterville, Maine – The Thomas Men's Tennis team (1-1, 1-0 NEAC East) outlasted defending North Atlantic Conference champions Castleton (2-3, 0-1 NEAC East) 5-4 in a tightly contested conference match up. In singles play, at the number one spot, first year Eric Morin outlasted Stew Quinn for the win 7-5, 2-6, 6-1. At third singles, senior Tom Bird defeated Chris Belanger 6-3, 6-1. And, at number two singles, first year Malcom Neville defeated Adam McCaffery 6-3, 6-2 in what turned out to be the deciding match for the Terriers. Thomas took two of the Doubles play matches to round out the scoring.
The Terriers will be back in action this Wednesday, April 4 at The University of Southern Maine at 4:00 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Castleton State vs Thomas College
Mar 31, 2012 at
Thomas College 5, Castleton State 4
1. Eric Morin (THO) def. Stew Quinn (CST) 7-5, 2-6, 6-1
2. Malcom Neville (THO) def. Adam McCaffery (CST) 6-3, 6-2
3. Tom Bird (THO) def. Chris Belanger (CST) 6-1, 6-3
4. Jeremy Reppin (CST) def. Matt Bolstridge (THO) 6-3, 6-0
5. Mike Davie (CST) def. Jesse Peasley (THO) 6-4, 6-0
6. Brian O'Neil (CST) def. Gershom Renenee (THO) 6-2, 6-1
1. Eric Morin/Tom Bird (THO) def. Stew Quinn/Adam McCaffery (CST) 8-5
2. Malcom Neville/Matt Bolstridge (THO) def. Matt Twyman-Tombly/Chris Belanger (CST) 8-6
3. Corey Kimball/Mike Davie (CST) def. Jesse Peasley/Gershom Renenee (THO) 8-4