Field Hockey NAC Quarterfinal Preview; Thomas at Husson
WATERVILLE, ME – # 6 Thomas College (7-9, 4-5 NAC) will travel to #3 Husson University (9-7, 6-3 NAC) in the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) field hockey quarterfinal at 6:00 PM on Saturday, November 2.
How they got here:
On the season, per game, the Terriers had 15.8 shots on goal and a shot percentage of .119. In total, Thomas scored 30 goals this season. Thomas net-minders have recorded a save percentage of .699 this season. They have allowed 44 goals against opponents on the season, averaging 2.72 per game.
The Terriers finished off the season strong with two conference wins, the last coming on senior day when Thomas defeated Lasell 3-2. The Terriers jumped out to a 3-1 lead, holding off a late rush from the Lasers for a final score of 3-2.
Husson ended the regular season with five straight conference games, coming out with a record of 2-3 over the span. The Eagles picked up victories against Lasell and UMF.
The last time they met:
Husson defeated Thomas in their contest on October 5, 2013 by the score of 5-0.
What have they done lately?
The month of October didn't start out quite the way the Terriers would have hoped. Thomas started the month being outscored by opponents 19-1, but finished off the month strong outscoring their opponents 7-3.
Husson ended the season with two tough road losses with Castleton and Simmons.
Husson has defeated the Terriers in all seven matchups against the two schools dating back to the 2008-09 season.
Head Coach Andrea Thebarge is now in her sixth season at Thomas. Prior to Thomas, Thebarge served as Assistant Field Hockey Coach at the University of Maine. Thebarge has helped guide the Terriers to the postseason past four years. Last season Thomas lost their quarterfinal matchup to Castleton, 5-1.
2013 marks Coach Johnstone's sixth season overall coaching at the college level and third season at the helm of the Husson University Field Hockey Team. Over her six years of coaching she has complied an overall record of 44-58. At Husson she has an overall record of 23-17, which ranks her third all-time in program history.
- Twelve Terriers Named to NFHCA Academic...
- 2013 Field Hockey Season Recap
- 2013 NAC Fall All-Academic Squad...
- Hachey and Premo Garner NAC Post-Season...
- Field Hockey NAC Quarterfinal Preview;...
- Thomas Falls to Eagles in NAC Quarterfin...
- Field Hockey Interview with Coach...
- Thomas Clips Lasers on Senior Day, 3-2
- Field Hockey Postgame Interview, Senior...
- Terriers Axe Raiders, 4-1
- Colby Takes Battle of Waterville, 9-0
- Terriers Denied by Sharks, 1-0
- Thomas Defeated by UMF, 2-1
- Thomas Halted by Monks, 2-0
- Eagles Defeat Thomas, 5-0
- Hachey's OT Goal Lifts Terriers Past...
- Brittany Premo Field Hockey Postgame...
- Castleton Shuts Out Terriers, 4-0
- Lauren Hachey Field Hockey Postgame...